The XI. EISC Annual Conference took place under the british presidency on 26/27 October 2009. The plenary meeting in Day 1 was held in 1 Great George Street, Day 2 in the Attlee Suite of the parliament's Portcullis House. A preparatory workshop was conducted on 20 May 2009.
- Conference Programme
- Opening statement of Ian Taylor, MP
- Keynote address of Jean-Jaques Dordain, ESA DG
- EISC XI resolution
- "Space for Europe" - the EISC 2009 Brochure (11 MB)
- "Scotland - Broadband Reach Project", An Avanti Case Study
- David Parker, BNSC: "UK Space Strategy in 2009 and Beyond: Impact through Innovation"
- David Williams, Avanti Communications Group: "Space solutions in times of crisis"
- Evert Dudok: "Space as a lead market for Europe"
- Klaus Becher, Knowledge & Analysis, LLP: "Space for Europe: A collection of case studies"
- Richard Peckham, UKSpace: "Disaster Monitoring Constellation"
- Italian Intervention [EN] [IT]
- Russian Intervention [Presentation] [Notes]
Space and Copenhagen - The Role of Satellites in Combating Climate Change
A joint event of the Parliamentary Space Committee and ESPI, held during the EISC conference in Attlee Suite, 27 October 2009, London,
- Programme Flyer
- Mark Doherty, Head of the Exploitation and Services Division, ESA, Earth Observation Directorate: "ESA’s Climate Change Activities"
- Prof. Dr. Mazlan Othman, Director of the United Nations Office for Outer Space Affairs: "Space and Climate Change in the United Nations"
- Prof. Shaun Quegan, The National Centre for Earth Observation and the University of Sheffield: "Using Space in Support of Reduced Emissions
from Deforestation and Forest Degradation"
- Prof. Dr. Lesley Jane Smith, Solicitor & Partner, Weber-Steinhaus & Smith; Professor of Law, Leuphana University, Lüneburg: "International Regulatory Aspects of Space
and Climate Change"